People with the D personality type place a focus on creating the best working environment by overcoming challenges to accomplish results.
Characteristics of a D type person:
- Motivated by winning, competition and success.
- Like to lead or be in charge
- Prioritises accepting challenge, taking action and achieving immediate results.
- Described as direct, demanding, firm, forceful, strong willed, driven, result-orientated and determined, fast-paced, strong-willed and self-confident.
- May fear being seen as vulnerable or being taken advantage of.
- Values competency, action, concrete results, personal freedom and challenges.
- Emphatic in everything!
- Attitude of ‘get the job done – just do it’.
- Do not like quitting.
Will need to put greater focus on:
- Display patience
- Display sensitivity
- Slow to anger
- Pick up on the details
- Allow consultation
D personality type people like to be communicated to by:
- Getting bottom line information
- Being brief
- Not being repetitive
- No generalisation
- Getting solutions
D type leadership styles:
- A D type leader is commanding. They present self-confidence with such ease, which makes it easy for them to take charge and focus on results.
- A D type leader is courageous. They are never afraid to speak up for themselves and others. They like to tackle challenges head on, especially if challenge is hindering results.
- A D type leader is a pioneer. They are always ready to take on new challenges. Because they result driven and have confidence to change the way things are done they are willing to take on any challenge.